The 16th International Conference "Dynamical Systems – Theory and Applications" (DSTA 2021) will be held from December 6-9, 2021 as a fully virtual event.
The history of the DSTA is almost 30 years long. The conference takes place every two years since 1992 in Lodz, the third biggest city of Poland, and is organized by the Department of Automation, Biomechanics and Mechatronics of Lodz University of Technology. This year, because of COVID-19 and possible restrictions on events and travel, we have decided to adapt the conference to the current circumstances and move it from in-person to on-line meeting.
The main objective of DSTA is to provide a common platform for exchange of new ideas and results of recent research in the field of theoretical and technological advances in modern dynamical systems. The recognition of the conference constantly increases, which is illustrated by the growing number of participants (see Statistics below).
The accepted papers and keynote talks will be published in Edited Books. Also, the Scientific Committee will recommend the extended versions of the most prominent papers for publication in special issues of highly reputable journals (see Journal Special Issues). It is worth mentioning that the latest conference, DSTA 2019, has resulted in two volumes of conference edited books, three volumes of Springer Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics, and six special issues of JSCR-ranked journals! (see Previous Publications).
The official language of DSTA is English.
The scope of DSTA 2021 covers the following topics:
- bifurcations and chaos in dynamical systems
- asymptotic methods in nonlinear dynamics
- dynamics in life sciences and bioengineering
- original numerical methods of vibration analysis
- control in dynamical systems
- optimization problems in applied sciences
- stability of dynamical systems
- experimental/industrial studies
- vibrations of lumped mass and continuous systems
- non-smooth systems
- engineering systems and differential equations
- mathematical approaches to dynamical systems
After the DSTA 2019:
- 210 authors
- 40 countries
- 360 submitted abstracts
- 106 papers in DSTA Books
- 1162 pages
- 74 papers in Springer Books
- 196 presentations
- 6 invited speakers
- 30 posters
Overall on a bar graph: